October 25, 2012

Makino Sushi & Seafood Buffet


My husband has been raving about Makino Sushi & Seafood Buffet in Irvine for months now.  He and his coworkers had lunch at Makino a few months ago and they all had very good things to say about the place.  For $16.95 lunch with all-you-can eat sushi and seafood buffet, he says it's a pretty good deal.

We are in luck this week.  My husband and I were able to go to Makino for lunch.  We arrived early, second in line, and waited for a few minutes until it opened.  As we walked in, the place looks really nice and clean.  We were greeted by one of their friendly staff and brought us to our table right away.  As soon as we gave our order for our drinks (2 hot tea), we both went straight to the buffet lines. 
 
First stop ... Splashing Sushi!
 
 

What a great selection of sushi!  They have all kinds of sushi, from traditional cut rolls to specialty rolls, as well as traditional Nigiri sushi and specialty Nigiri creations.  There must be at least ten to twelve types of sushi on the buffet line.  I got some of my favorite sushi like their tuna, eel, and salmon rolls.  I also got some new ones I've never seen before.   They all look and tasted so fresh and delicious!

Next stop ... Hot Entrees!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Their array of seafood and hot entrees got me really excited!  They have all kinds of food.  They have traditional Japanese soups like udon and ramen that are prepared fresh to order.  Some of my favorite hot entrees I tried included baked mussels, shrimp tempura, squid tempura, vegetable tempura, baked salmon, grilled fish, sukiyaki, clam soup, chicken yakitori,  teriyaki beef, and Japanese fried rice.   They all look so yummy and delicious! 
 
We skipped the Cold Buffet!
 
They have a great selection of green salads, noodle salads, cold vegetables, seaweed salad, and kimchee.  We did not try any of their cold salads, but I'm sure they are quite delicious. 
 
Last, and definitely yummy ... Sweet Dessert! 
 
 
 
 
There was a wide selection of cakes, fresh fruits, tarts & pastries, cookies, puddings, and crème brulee.  The best part of their dessert buffet is the chocolate fountain with fresh fruits (bananas and strawberries), marshmallows, cookies and graham crackers.  Everything was fresh, sweet and delicious. 
 
 
My husband and I fully enjoyed the buffet.  The food was great. The service was great. And the price is very reasonable for the quality of food they serve.  It's probably the best Japanese Sushi and Seafood Buffet in Orange County.
 

2 comments:

Michelle Brugman said...

Thank you Melissa, I've been looking for a place like this. We are going to try it soon!! It looks super yummy!!

Doug Saunders said...

Eat-all-you-can and seafood buffet for $16.95? That is certainly a pretty good deal! And all the food look lusciously delectable. I bet you kept on coming back here for special occasions. Have a wonderful day!

Doug Saunders @ Lin's Grand Buffet